Miriam Medical Centre at Birkenhead Medical Building is one of two GP designated sites for Covid 19 Vaccination on the Wirral. In the past few months, we have given around 100,000 vaccinations. Initially this service was for patients registered with practices in Arno Primary Care Alliance and North Coast Alliance, however this service is now open to all Wirral residents.
If you have not yet been vaccinated, you can also register your interest to have the vaccination by sending your Full Name, GP, Date of Birth and Telephone contact details by email to:
[email protected] or through our App @
“Miriam Primary Care Group” which can be downloaded on Apple Store or Google play. You will be contacted with a vaccination appointment.
PLEASE NOTE THE VACCINE SERVICE NOW OFFERS WALK IN APPOINTMENTS AS WELL AS PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENTS. WALK IN APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.00AM – 18.30PM
SATURDAY 9.00AM – 17.00PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING VACCINATION
1. If you have any symptoms such as a new cough, high temperature, loss of smell or taste and other symptoms of Covid 19 you should postpone the vaccination
2. If you had a positive Covid test within the past 4 weeks – if yes , you should postpone the vaccination.
3. Have you ever had a severe Allergic Reaction or Anaphylaxis. Do you carry an EpiPen or Adrenaline injector ? – if so please discuss with the vaccinator or your GP.
4. Have you ever had bleeding or clotting disorder – Please discuss with the vaccinator the appropriate choice of vaccine.
5. You may be advised to wait up to 15 minutes after the vaccination to ensure you have no immediate side effect. In some cases, the vaccinator may extend this period for your own safety. PLEASE CO-OPERATE WITH THIS ADVICE.
6. Subject to availability we offer both Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccine